i received special requests for a virtual totoro and doraemon cappucinos and made complimentary themed buns too.
here are some pictures for your virtual feasting. hope they bring a smile to you as they did to me. enjoy!
these sweet potato buns are so soft that i had a hard time turning it (right side up) to cool on the cooling on the rack. Original recipe referred from mimi baking house.
total recipe is 585 gm and i made 14 (approx 40gm) buns.
i baked 9 buns in a square pan and 5 in my smallest chiffon pan, 6 inches in diameter.
- 260 gm bread flour
- 45 gm sugar
- 5 gm salt
- 15 gm butter
- 165 gm cold milk
- 100- 110 gm mashed steam sweet potato
- 1 tsp yeast
sweet potato paste (filling)
- 100 gm sweet potato
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 Tsp butter
- steam and mix altogether. enough to fill 7 balls only.
- mixed all ingredients and separately add yeast into my trusty panasonic sd104 bread maker which did all the kneading and 1st proofing. – will take an one hour.
- took out dough and hand knead, punching air out before shaping into 14 balls and a few pairs of very small balls (for ears and tails). cover with a wet cloth- dough to rest for 10 minutes
- pin roll shaped balls flat and spoon in fillings. wrapped and roll with hand into balls again.
- placed them into baking pan.
- thereafter, into the oven with 2 cups of hot water (underneath baking pans) for second proofing – for an hour.
- bake at 170 degrees for 12-15 mins depending on how light or dark crust you like.
- check doneness by inserting a thermometer . anything more 90 degrees Fahrenheit dough has becomes bread! 🙂
for a person (me) who just started making bread 2 months ago, this recipe is a keeper for now. i love the pink colour, the texture and of course the star ingredient, sweet potatoes which is packed with nutrients.