Im still in my what seemed like a long journey to improve my buttercream flowers piping skills.
- Swiss meringue buttercream
- Sweet buttercream
- Commercial bettercreame
- Practice buttercream (using shortening)
- Royal icing
Im attending a cake decorating class weekly. We have just completed the buttercream modules. Next will be all about decorating cakes using fondant. (Excited!).
Here are a few pictures of latest work.
- frosting using bettercreame
- piping using royal.icing and bettercreame
- Piping tips/nozzles used –
- 47 – basket
- 67 – leaves
- 81 – chrysanthemum
- 97 – victorian roses
- 101, 1 – violets
- 104 – daisies, roses
Recipes for cake and royal icing below pictures.
Ok just 2 more photos…
- Meringue powder 3 Tbsp
- Icing sugar 450 gm
- Warm water
- Mix meringue powder and icing sugar at low speed with paddle attachment till evenly combined.
- Add water and mix for 5 to 6 mins at low-medium speed until icing loses it sheen.
- Cover icing with damp cloth to prevent drying.
- If too soft, add icing sugar. If too stiff add water (by drops).
Note to self – can replace water by adding flavorings /extract / lemon juice.
like my Facebook and follow my instagram for latest updates.