i just cannot resist this steam banana cake recipe.
overall, the cake has a fluffy light texture. used 2 and a half very ripe bananas (depending on the size of bananas).
total medium size muffins – 9
2 ripe bananas, mashed (200g)
150g self raising flour
1/8 tsp baking soda
75g oil (any flavorless oil)
1. sift together self raising flour and baking soda, set aside
2. in a mixing bowl, whisk together eggs and sugar till ribbon stage
3. mix in mashed bananas, beat till combined
4. gently fold in flour mixture and oil, taking care not to deflate the eggs and sugar mixture
5. pour batter into muffin pan, lined with muffin cups.
6. steam over high heat for 15 mins or till an inserted skewer comes out clean.
note: i added 1/2 tsp of salt to the flour and added the oil to the liquid mixture and mix flour last