chocolate chips, the kids fav. – orange, hubby’s, and mine too. i just love the combination and the tangy smell.
the next time i bake this, i will use more zest and less chocolate chips (2/3 cup will suffice). will probably also substitute half of the oil with apple sauce, for a heathier recipe (dunno what and how the apple sauce bottle? should looked like, i havent seen this in the supermarket!).
s junior said it’s a bit hard but overall hubby gave the thumb up. this receipe is a keeper!
• 2 cups flour
• 1/3 cup sugar
• 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 3/4 cup semisweet chips (i use the mini-chips)
• 3/4 cup milk
• 1/2 cup vegetable oil
• 1 egg
• 1-1 1/2 teaspoon orange oil or 2 tablespoons orange zest
• additional sugar, to sprinkle on top
1. In medium mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and chocolate chips.
2. In a small mixing bowl, whisk together milk, vegetable oil, egg, and orange oil or peel until light.
3. Add wet ingredients to dry and stir together for 20 seconds, or only until ingredients are just moist.
4. If you see lumps, it is OK to leave them.
5. Lightly grease cups of 12-cup muffin pan and fill each 2/3 full w/batter.
6. Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon sugar over each for a crunchy, sugary crust.
7. Bake in preheated 400 F oven for 18 to 20 mins.