i received good reviews from colleagues – cake is soft and moist.
here is the recipe. simple. give it a try.
- 125 gm butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 3/4 self raising flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 large bananas, mashed
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 2-3 tbsp milk
- 1 tbsp boiling water
- cream butter, sugar and water
- gradually add eggs, then mashed bananas
- disolve bicarbonate of soda in milk and add flour alternately with milk to banana mixture
- add chopped walnuts
- bake at 180C for about an hour or until knife comes out clean
- to make cake fluffy, beat egg yolk and white separately. fold egg white into mixture last.
- u can use the same mixture to make muffins. baking time will be around 20 mins.